Ice Show information for Learn2Skate group lesson skaters is available under the Learn2Skate Skaters menu.
Here we go. Rehearsals have started, props are being built, costumes are distributed and hundreds of pictures taken. In the Mood is less than a month away!
It's time for everyone to get involved. Production departements are in full swing and all of them could use a hand. Check the Volunteer Opportunities page and, well, volunteer for something.
Eliana Secunda & Blake Eisenach
Our third and final major release of information is now available. Some of the information is in the packets you received at picture day. If you didn't get your packet, they are available in the RFSC office. Most of the new information centers around Show Week including schedules, where to go, what to do and how to get in. A complete list of updates is in the box at the right. For convenience, the new information is bundled below and all articles are available in the menus above. Be sure to look over all of the information carefully.
For information on our guest skaters, Blake Eisenach and Eliana Secunda, see the Guest Skaters page.
Ice Show: 3rd Information Bundle (Contract Skaters)
The information presented below is our third information release for the RFSC 2017 Ice Show. All items are also available under the menus above. They are bundled here for your convenience.
This information is for contract skaters. Learn2Skate skaters should see Learn2Skate Information Bundle 3.
Grad Feature Parents
Show Tear Down: It is club tradition that Grad Feature Parents help to tear down and store the set and props at the end of the show.
Parents will be/have been contacted by our Tear Down Parents Coordinator with details. An Evite is available so you can RSVP:
Tear-down Parents CoordinatorsAnne Moberg
It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to produce our Annual Ice Show. All parents are asked to volunteer in some way.
Volunteer opportunities for the Ice Show are plentiful. If you haven't done so yet, take a look at our signups and see what is right for you. If you have signed up, we thank you and remind you that you can't volunteer too often!
Read on for details . . .Read more: Ice Show Volunteer Opportunities
It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to produce our Annual Ice Show. The professional staff directs the artistic portion, while parent volunteers coordinate the business and non-artistic portions of the show. All parents are asked to volunteer in some way.
Parents of skaters contracting for ice time will have completed the Volunter Form with their School Year Contract. Committee Chairs will be contacting parents based on interest indicated on these surveys. In addition, sign-up sheets will be posted with the online scheduler Doodle and some will be posted near the RFSC office door. There are many ways to get involved. We will list sign-ups and details as information becomes available. Please check back regularly as this page will be updated.
Show Week Opportunities
Show Week Rehearsal Information
The week of the show, Monday, April 17–20, will be our Show Week Dress and Tech Rehearsals. Attendance is required at these rehearsals.
See the Show Week Rehearsal Schedule for the approximate times that your number(s) will rehearse. Show performances are April 21–23: Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoon.
Monday & Tuesday Rehearsals
All show numbers will rehearse on either Monday or Tuesday. Skaters will wear their costumes for these rehearsals. The gym and assigned locker rooms will not be used for these rehearsals. See the Show Week Rehearsal Schedule for days and times. Please be early for your number(s).
Wednesday & Thursday Rehearsals
Wednesday and Thursday night rehearsals are our technical rehearsals. They are our only opportunity to set lights and deal with the technical aspects of the performance. We may need to stop occasionally to work out issues so please be patient. Please be at the rink, in costume, at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time. And, you guessed it, see the Show Week Rehearsal Schedule for the approximate time for your number(s).
We will use the dressing rooms beginning on Wednesday during dress rehearsal.
Gym: Learn2Skate groups are assigned to the Rec Center gym. See Learn2Skate Show Week Information page for details.
Contract skater numbers are assigned to dressing rooms on the east side of the rink. They will enter through the side door at the front (east side) of the building and proceed directly down the stairs to the rink and dressing room areas. If you are dropping skaters off, please use the west entrance behind the gym to avoid traffic congestion (see Rec Center Site Map for location).
Club Locker Rooms: The Girls Locker Room will be used for seniors during the show-week rehearsals and performances. Skaters who normally use this locker room during the regular season, but are not assigned to it for the show, should remove their skates and guards before the Wednesday dress rehearsal and use their assigned dressing room the remainder of the week. The Boy's Locker Room will be used as the (you guessed it) Boy's Locker Room during show-week rehearsals and performances.
Important: For safety reasons, parents and skaters will not be allowed to pass through the area between the two ice rinks. If they need access to the other side, they will need to use the catwalk upstairs.
Skater Meals: Meals will be available for skaters who must be at the Rec Center early because their parents are volunteering or for other reasons. The cost is $5.00 (in advance) and will be in the Bob Fick room from about 4:45 to 5:15. Please see the Skater Meals page for important information and to sign up.
Show Days Information
Information for Everyone
Reminder: Parents who wish to see any part of the show from the bleachers must purchase a ticket. Monitors will be set up in the gym and the skate change area for those not purchasing tickets.
Special needs seating is available on the west side of the area. See the Special Needs Seating page for information.
- Entrances to the arena will open one hour before show time.
- Skater’s badges were distributed on Picture Day. Wear this badge on all show days to get in and to gain access to certain areas of the rink.
- All skaters in the FIRST HALF OF THE SHOW must report to their dressing room 30 minutes before curtain time. The dressing room assignments are on the doors of each room and will be the same as at the dress rehearsals.
- All skaters in the SECOND HALF OF THE SHOW must report to their dressing rooms at intermission.
- Volunteer workers should enter through the east doors, check in downstairs and receive a badge from security.
- Costumes and Make-up: Skaters provide and apply their own makeup unless told otherwise. Skates should be polished, laces clean and tucked in for safety and appearance. Costumes and accessories should be securely fastened. Please wear your skate guards when traveling to and from the ice, but remember to take them off when getting on the ice. There will be a table near the ice to leave guards and jackets, etc. NO CHEWING GUM AT ANY TIME!!!
- Warm-up Ice on North Rink: Only soloists and freestyle features (duets, high features) may use the north rink to warm up. This does not include grad features.
- After a skater performs: Skaters who do not wish to stay after they have performed may leave. PARENTS: Please be sure your child is picked up from their dressing room or the gymnasium immediately following the performance of their number.
- SKATERS: if you think you will have to make a quick costume change between numbers please check with Debbie Colgan.
- Gym: Learn2Skate groups are assigned to the Rec Center gym. See Learn2Skate Show Week Information page for details.
- Contract skater numbers are assigned to dressing rooms on the east side of the rink. They will enter through the side door at the front (east side) of the building and proceed directly down the stairs to the rink and dressing room areas. If you are dropping skaters off, please use the west entrance behind the gym to avoid traffic congestion (see Rec Center Site Map for location).
- Club Locker Rooms: The Girls Locker Room will be used for seniors during the show-week rehearsals and performances. Skaters who normally use this locker room during the regular season, but are not assigned to it for the show, should remove their skates and guards before the Wednesday dress rehearsal and use their assigned dressing room the remainder of the week. The Boy's Locker Room will be used as the Boy's Locker Room during show-week rehearsals and performances.
- Important: For safety reasons, parents and skaters will not be allowed to pass through the area between the two ice rinks. If they need access to the other side, they will need to use the catwalk upstairs.
- The skaters’ section will be in the southeast corner of the arena (see Rec Center Site Map for location). If skaters choose not to sit with their families, they may sit together in the skaters’ seating area.
- There is a seldom used staircase in the southeast corner of the Rec Center. Skaters will use this to access the dressing rooms downstairs. Do not use the main stairs by the east or north doors.
- Whenever entering the audience, please remember that those around you have paid for a ticket. Always enter or leave between show numbers (not during a number).
- Skaters are asked to please refrain from excessive cheering or screaming while the announcer is speaking. Those around you who have paid for their tickets want to be able to hear the announcer.
- While seated in the audience, skaters should have their costume covered. Spot lights can pick up sparkle on your costume and be distracting to the audience.
- PLEASE DO NOT RESERVE SEATS by leaving blankets, coats, etc., over empty blocks of seats. If found they will be removed and placed in lost and found. If you want to sit in a specific area, you must stay in those places until show time. No exceptions.
Special Needs Seating
A limited number of pre-assigned seating (blue chairs with backs on the west side of the arena) will be available for senior citizens with special needs and/or handicapped people.
A signup sheet will be posted near the office on or around Monday, April 10 for you to choose the seats you'd like to reserve. We will let you know by way of the RFSC E-Newsletter when it is available.
Sunday's show usually fills the reserved seating area, so please sign up early. We ask that each skater's family try to limit the number of reserved seats for Sunday to no more than four if possible. Keep in mind that these reserved seats are not meant to be used for all senior citizens, but should be used at your discretion for those with special needs who find it impossible to sit in a regular seat or have mobility issues using stairs.
Celebrate & Remember
As always, we have several ways to celebrate and remember this year’s Ice Show . . .
ViDeyo Arts will be producing our show video again this year.
Video of the Friday, Saturday or Sunday shows will be available in DVD, Blu-Ray or HD Streaming format and may be ordered online from the ViDeyo Arts website.
Online Video Prices
The Cast Party will be after the show on Saturday, April 22 at Bowlocity Entertainment Center from 9:30 to 11:30 pm.
All skaters and their families are invited!! Bowling, pizza, pop and cookies are provided for skaters. There will also be a discounted price for lazer tag of $4.00 (payable to Bowlocity).
Cost of the cast party is $5.00 per skater. Pre-pay in the RFSC office during Show Week or at the door.
|Bowlocity Entertainment Center
2810 N Broadway Ave
Rochester, MN 55906
See you there!
All show participants are invited to join us in a cast photo to be taken immediately following the Sunday afternoon performance on the South Rink. Grand Finale skaters please remain on the ice. Everyone else will join them after the show.
Watch this space after the show for information on obtaining a copy of the photo when it is ready.
More to come . . .
We may have updates and changes in details so check back frequently to stay current on the very latest. While we try to keep most important information on these web pages, it is also a good idea to keep a watch for signs posted at the rink and club emails that may contain last minute information.
Enjoy the Show!
What more can we say?
— Jenny, Tim & Debbie